What would you do if one of your hands became crippled and (almost) unusable? A scary and disturbing thought - I know. But please follow along anyways.
So, your hand doesn’t work anymore the way it used to. What are your options?
- Curse your fate and complain about the unfairness of life?
- Resign and give up your instrument?
- Hope for a miracle?
Nobody could blame you for reacting this way.
There are also these options:
- You could turn towards composing music.
- You could start writing books about music.
- You could take your experiences and start a publishing company - or anything that’s at least related to the field of music.
You could also say, “What the hell, I’ll press forward and do the best I can with what I have left.”